Chicken Pasta with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 10 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 4 - 6
- 400 g (12 oz.) spaghetti
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Neilson butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ red onion, minced
- Juice from 3 limes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) Neilson 10% lactose free cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Neilson 2% lactose free milk
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and roughly shredded
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a pan set over medium-low heat, sweat out the garlic and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes (do not let them brown).
- Add the lime juice and reduce by half. Add the flour and stir. Add the cream and cook for 5 minutes. Add the milk, stir, and turn off the heat.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add 80 ml of the cooking water to the sauce, increase the heat to medium-high and add the pasta and chicken. Stir for 3 minutes. Add the fresh cilantro and lime slices, stir, and serve.