Smoked Salmon Leek and Goat Cheddar Frittata
- 15 MIN
- 40 MIN
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Neilson butter
- 1 leek, white part only, cut into ¾-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 750 ml (3 cups) spinach (or kale), roughly chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 250 ml (1 cup) Neilson microfiltered milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) hot smoked salmon, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Woolwich Dairy Goat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large pan (ideally cast-iron) set oven medium-low heat, sweat out the leeks and garlic in butter, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stir again.
- Combine the eggs and milk, add to the pan, and stir. Add the remaining ingredients, season, and stir to combine. Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until frittata is slightly golden. Garnish with fresh dill when serving, if desired.