Pumpkin, Maple, and Pecan Tart
- 15 min
- 1 h 45 min
- 1 tart (8 servings)
For the pecan crust
- 500 mL (2 cups) pecans, finely ground
- 60 mL (¼ cup) granulated maple sugar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 2 mL (½ tsp) allspice
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 90 mL (6 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 500 mL (2 cups) unsweetened pureed pumpkin
- 180 mL (¾ cup) granulated maple sugar
- 60 mL (¼ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 125 mL (½ cup) Neilson 35% cream
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 mL (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2 mL (¼ tsp) allspice
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) ground nutmeg
- Whole pecans
- Neilson 35% cream, whipped
- Butter a 23 cm (9 in) tart pan with a removable bottom. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- For the pecan crust
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, maple sugar, flour, allspice, and salt. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork until the dry ingredients are moistened. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tart pan. Press the mixture firmly to the bottom and sides of the pan to form the crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust is aromatic and just starts to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
For the filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all of the filling ingredients until the mixture is light and smooth. Pour the filling into the crust and use a spatula to smooth out the top of the tart. Bake until the filling is set, 60 to 75 minutes. Once done, the filling should still look moist but not soft. The filling will firm up some more as the tart cools.
- Place the tart on a wire rack and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Gently unmold the tart to avoid damaging the crust. Garnish with whole pecans and whipped cream, and serve.