Caramelized Grapefruits with Maple Cream
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 2 pink grapefruits, halved
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of brown sugar, packed
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of softened Neilson butter
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) of ground nutmeg
- 125 mL (½ cup) of Neilson 35% whipping cream
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) of maple syrup
- Set a rack in the upper third of the oven, then preheat to broil.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum paper, then add the four grapefruit halves, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and nutmeg until the ingredients are moistened. Press a spoonful of brown sugar mixture onto the surface of each grapefruit. Broil 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar is melted and charred in spots. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Whisk in the maple syrup.
- Serve the broiled grapefruits generously topped with maple cream.