- 10 MIN
- 15 MIN
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Neilson butter
- 2 sirloin-type steaks, 1-inch thick, trimmed of fat and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 750 ml (3 cups) mushrooms (Cremini, King Ering, Paris), cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) smoked paprika
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) veal stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) Neilson sour cream
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh dill, chopped
- Egg noodles, to serve
- In a large pan (preferably cast-iron) set over medium-high heat, sear steak slices in 15 ml of butter, 10 seconds each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and cook the mushrooms, onions, and garlic in the remaining butter for 5 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. Add the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the paprika and veal stock, stir and reduce by half. Turn off heat, add the steak slices, half the sour cream, and half the dill. Stir and season.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package instructions. Serve the beef Stroganoff over the noodles and garnish with sour cream and dill.