Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 15 MIN
- 4 HR 15 MIN
- 1 onion, sliced
- 625 g (1 1/2 lb) boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cans (540 mL/19 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 250 mL (1 cup) corn kernels
- 500 mL (2 cups) chicken stock
- 250 mL (1 cup) green salsa (“salsa verde”)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 10 mL (2 tsp) dried oregano
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Neilson 14% sour cream
- Juice from 1 lime
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Armstrong Mexican Fiesta Cheese, shredded
- Fresh coriander
- Tortilla chips
- Spread the sliced onion over the bottom of the bowl of a slow cooker. Top with the boneless chicken thighs, placing them side by side in a single layer. Cover with the white beans and corn kernels.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the chicken stock, green salsa, garlic, oregano, cumin, and salt. Pour into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Using tongs, fish the chicken thighs out of the chili, then shred the meat.
- Whisk the Neilson sour cream and lime juice into the chili. Stir the shredded chicken into the chili.
- Top each chili serving with a generous 60 mL (1/4 cup) of shredded Armstrong Mexican Fiesta cheese, then garnish with fresh coriander. Serve with tortilla chips.