Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
- 20 MIN
- 30 MIN
- 310 g (11 oz) dried fettuccine pasta
- 113 g (1/4 lb) fresh asparagus, tougher stalks removed, sliced into 4 cm (2 in) pieces
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup Neilson 18% Table Cream
- 5 mL (1 tsp) finely grated lemon zest
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 113 g (1/4 lb) thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ball (250 g) Saputo Mozzarella Fresca, room temperature
- Fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine pasta and set a timer for 2 minutes less than the cooking time recommended by the manufacturer. With 1 minute left on the timer, add the asparagus to the water. Once the timer is up, stir in the green peas, scoop 125 mL (1/2 cup) pasta water out of the pot, then drain the pasta and vegetables.
- Transfer the pasta and vegetables back into the pot and set over medium heat. Add the cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, a generous amount of black pepper, and 60 mL (1/4 cup) of the reserved cooking water. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until most of the sauce absorbs into the pasta. Add a bit more cooking water, just to loosen the pasta, then toss in the smoked salmon. Divide between serving bowls. Garnish with pieces of torn Saputo Mozzarella Fresca, fresh basil leaves, and a grind of black pepper. Serve immediately.