Ham, Cheddar, and Chive Waffles
- 15 MIN
- 35 MIN
- 500 mL (2 cups) flour
- 20 mL (4 tsp) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 310 mL (1 ¼ cups) Neilson 2% microfiltered milk
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Neilson butter, melted
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) small-diced ham
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Armstrong marble cheddar cheese
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) chives
- 2 egg whites, beaten into peaks
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the Neilson milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour in the melted butter.
- Add the ham, Cheddar cheese and chives, then stir.
- Beat the egg whites until peaks form. Fold into the waffle batter.
- Prepare the waffles in a waffle iron.