Chilled Tomato-Lentil Soup
- 30 min
- 5 h 5 min
- 10 ml (2 tsp) curry powder
- 398 ml (1 can) diced tomatoes
- 750 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) red lentils, rinsed
- 400 ml (1 can) coconut milk
- To taste fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, in 6 wedges
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Neilson sour cream
- In a soup pot, sweat the onions in the butter for about 8 minutes without browning. Add the curry powder and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock, bring to a full boil and reduce, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, return to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Remove from heat, add the coconut milk and blend the soup until smooth. Adjust the seasoning.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours and serve cold, garnished with fresh coriander, a wedge of lime and a dollop of sour cream.