- 30 min
- 65 min
- 4 to 6
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 500 ml (2 cups) Neilson milk
- 10 ml (2 tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) coarse cornmeal
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Neilson unsalted butter
- 150 g (310 ml / 1 1/4 cups) Saputo Parmesan cheese, grated
- To taste freshly ground salt and pepper
- Sufficient quantity flat-leaf parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk and salt to a boil. Add the cornmeal in a slow stream, whisking vigorously. Reduce the heat and stir with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
- Cover partly and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon and scraping the bottom of the pan to keep the polenta from sticking.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and cheese. Mix well and adjust the seasoning. Serve as a side dish with osso buco, for example, garnished with parsley leaves.
- Creamy polenta is also delicious served with a few cloves of garlic confit and a drizzle of the garlic cooking oil.
Garlic confit: In a small saucepan, heat 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil and 12 whole, peeled cloves of garlic. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until the garlic is very soft and just turning golden.