Kale and Avocado Omelette
- 15 MIN
- 15 MIN
- 10 mL (2 tsp) of olive or coconut oil, divided
- 1 kale leaf, center stem removed, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of Neilson Milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Juice from 1/2 lime (about 15 mL/1 tbsp)
- 1 small handful microgreens
- Heat 5 mL (1 tsp) of the olive oil in a 23-cm (8-inch) skillet set over medium heat. Add the kale, green onion, and garlic. Sauté, stirring often, until the kale has wilted down, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and Neilson milk together, then season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet (no need to wash it) and return over medium-low heat. Add the egg and milk mixture, cover, and cook, until the top of the omelette is almost fully set, about 8 minutes. While the omelet is cooking, combine the sliced avocado and the lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the omelette to a serving plate. Top half of the omelette with the sautéed kale, then add the sliced avocado, and some microgreens. Fold the omelette and serve.