Pistachio and Raspberry Semifreddo
- 15 min
- 15 min
- ¾ cup (180 mL) unsalted pistachios, shelled
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup (250 mL) Neilson 35% whipping cream
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh raspberries
- Measure and pour ½ cup (125 mL) of pistachios and ¼ cup (60 mL) of sugar into a food processor and blend until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining ¼ cup (60 mL) sugar and whip until meringue is very shiny and stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl, whip 35% whipping cream with vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, fold meringue into whipped cream, then fold in ground pistachio mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup (60 mL) pistachios and fresh raspberries over the bottom of the pan. Add the pistachio, whipped cream and meringue mixture and smooth the top using a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pan, then cut into slices and serve.