Creamy Tortellini and Italian Sausage Soup
- 15 MIN
- 45 MIN
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 Italian sausages, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 oz) meat-stuffed tortellini
- 1 bunch kale, leaves removed from the stems and chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) Neilson 10% Lactose Free Cream
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan set over medium-high heat, cook the Italian sausage in olive oil until golden, crumbling it as it cooks. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked sausage to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onions for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Incorporate the flour, ensuring it evenly coats the vegetables, and continue to cook for an additional minute, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add the chicken broth and stir to combine. Continue to cook until liquid starts to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked sausage, tortellini, kale, and cream and continue to simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the tortellini is al dente.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and spicy olive oil if desired.
- 15 MIN
- 4 HR
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 20 min
- 45 min
Creamy Butternut Squash & White Bean Soup
- 15 min
- 60 min