Creamy Maple Fondue
- 5 MIN
- 10 MIN
- 250 mL (1 cup) maple syrup
- 500 mL (2 cups) Neilson 18% table cream
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) cornstarch
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) butter
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) whisky or rum
- In a pot set over medium heat, bring maple syrup to a boil and let cook 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In another pot set over medium-low heat, heat 1 cup of Neilson cream. Remove from heat.
- Using a whisk, stir the syrup into the hot cream. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch with the remaining cream. Stir until mixture thickens, making sure to break down any clumps. Add this mixture to the maple syrup mixture and reheat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and whisky. Stir and serve with a selection of dipping items (sponge cake, donuts, pretzels, cheese, fruit, etc.).