Maple Nanaimo Balls
- 30 MIN
- 38 MIN + cooling time
- 24 balls
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) instant custard powder
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) maple sugar
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) Neilson 3.25% lactose free milk
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Graham flour
- 225 g (1/2 lb) dark chocolate, chopped
- Pour the instant custard powder and sugar in a pot set over medium-low heat. Slowly add the Neilson lactose free milk, whisking until mixture thickens.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in shredded coconut and Graham flour. Let cool in fridge for at least 1 hour. On a working surface, roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler set over low heat. Once melted, use a fork to dip the balls into the chocolate. Place them on a lightly greased parchment paper and let cool until chocolate hardens.
- Sprinkle with coconut if desired. Serve.